Be in your Element. From stage wins and multi-day rides to the top step of the BC Bike Race; this is the result of over two decades at the front of the pack.
The Element features efficient suspension performance, 29″ wheels, RIDE-9 adjustability, and room for two bottles inside the front triangle. Available in Smoothwall carbon, the smallest details were examined in the search for weight savings, point-n-shoot rigidity, and unrivaled speed.
– Multi Day Marathon Race Spec
– Capable Short Travel Trail Bike
– Full Carbon Frame
– Ride-9 Geometry Adjustment Tailors Bike to Suit the Rider & Terrain
– Ergon grips to reduce rider fatigue
– Wider yet lightweight front tire for maximum XC control
– Rocky Mountain Toonie drop with super adjustable remote
Size Specific tune
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
RIDE-9 adjustment system
The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Adjust your RIDE-9 position for geometry before considering suspension effects, or variables like air pressure and shock compression. Make gradual, incremental changes, take notes, and be methodical. Don’t adjust in a hurry before a big ride. Take your time and enjoy the process.
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centered on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry-leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
- Frame: SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB92. Internal Cable Routing. RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry + Suspension Rate. 100mm
- Travel. SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon Rear Triangle
- Size: SM-MD-LG-XL-XXL
- Fork: Fox 34 Step Cast Float Performance 120mm | 51mm Offset
- Front Travel: 120mm
- Shock: Fox Float DPS Performance Elite | 6.5×1.5″ | 25x8mm F Hardware | 30x10mm R Hardware | Size-Specific tune in FAQ
- Rear Travel: 100mm
- Headset: FSA Orbit NO.57E | 36°x45° Bearings | 30.2mm x 41mm x 7.1mm Upper | 40mm x 51.8mm x 7.5mm Lower | 1.5″ Crown Race
- Stem: Rocky Mountain 31.8 XC | 5° Rise | SM – MD= 60mm | LG – XL = 80mm
- Handlebar: Rocky Mountain Flat Top | 760mm Width | 10mm Rise | 9° Backsweep | 5° Upsweep | 31.8mm Clamp
- Grips: Ergon GE10 EVO Lock On
- Brakes: Shimano SLX 2 Piston | Resin Pads | RT66 180mm F Rotor | RT66 160mm R Rotor
- Shifters: Shimano SLX
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
- Cranks & Chainrings: Race Face Aeffect Cinch | 32T Steel | 24mm Spindle | 170mm Crank Length
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB92 SM-BBMT500
- Cassette: Shimano SLX 10-51T
- Chain: Shimano M7100
- Front Hub: Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss 370 Boost 148mm | RMB Axle | 163mm x 12mm x 1.5mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition 2.0/1.8/2.0
- Rims: WTB ST Light i25 TCS 2.0 Tubeless | Tubeless Ready – Tape | Valves Incl | 32H
- Tires: F: Maxxis Rekon EXO Tubeless Ready 29 x 2.4 // R: Maxxis Ikon EXO Tubeless Ready 29 x 2.35
- Seatpost: Seatpost: Rocky Mountain Toonie Drop Alloy 30.9mm | SM = 125mm | MD – LG = 150mm | XL = 170mm
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race | Cromoly Rails | 142mm Width
- Weight: 12.56 KG | 27.6 LBS | Incl. Inner Tubes